Our topic is 'The Seaside' and we have been comparing environments and habitats by visiting Cleethorpes. We have explored aspects of a seaside resort and sorted things we found on the beach. We have been learning about Grace Darling and finding out why she was famous. We have used the seaside as a stimulus for art; developing our skills through observational work and creating collages of the sea.
Class 1 have been shipwrecked this week!
We decided what to pack, then set sail. A storm came and our ship sank…and we were shipwrecked….leaving us stranded at sea.
We reached a desert island and have:
- Drawn maps and created a key
- Plotted the geographical features of our island and used grid references to describe their position.
- Given directions for travelling form one place to another
- Followed instructions using forwards, backwards, left and right
- Used NSEW and turn ¼ 1 ½ ¾ and full turns