English at home
- Hear your child read their reading book
- Share a book of their choice – take turns reading, discuss what you have read.
- Read and share different versions of Little Red Riding Hood.
- Read street signs and directions, read print in the environment. Ask them to look out for places/words.
- Write together – write lists and letters using neat handwriting and encouraging children to use their phonics. Remember that they can put in capital letters and fullstops but may need to be prompted.