Here at Scartho Infants' School and Nursery, we strive to create a happy, safe and caring environment in which children can learn and grow, developing positive self-esteem and making the most of their abilities and talents.
The school enjoys strong links with the community it serves. We hope that you and your child will have a happy and successful time with us and the school looks forward to working in partnership with you to achieve this.
Our Schools Ethos and Values
· To create an interesting, purposeful and stimulating school environment where children feel happy, safe, valued and secure.
· To develop a high standard in skills of literacy and numeracy and the ability to use such skills to communicate with others.
· To encourage awareness of the scientific, social, historical and geographical aspects of the local environment and wider world, learning to use tools and equipment suited to such tasks.
· To share the experience of creative expression in music, arts and crafts and literature and physical education.
· To learn sensitivity to each other's needs, to be friendly, courteous and tolerant to others, and to understand the needs of the world outside the school.
· To an inclusive school where each child has equality of opportunity and is treated fairly.
· To encourage a working partnership between home, school and the wider community for the greater benefit of the children’s education.
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.