Activities to help your child with Writing
- Support and encourage your child to write their name using the letter formation sheets available in Nursery.
- Encourage your child to hold a pencil in a pincer grip.
- Support and encourage your child to write for lots of different reasons including:
- Birthday cards.
- Colouring sheets using pencil crayons.
- Wet paintbrushes (using water only) on outside floors and walls.
- Ribbons and scarves to practice big formation.
- Fingers/sticks in sand/mud.
- Chalking on paper/boards/outside floors and walls.
- Painting – using fingers or brushes.
- Squirty bottles with water in for making shapes on the outside floors and walls.