- On entering the Nursery or Reception year children are assessed within the first few weeks to provide a baseline.
- All children during the Foundation Stage are assessed against the Early Learning Goals which are reported to the L.A. at the end of the Reception year using the Foundation Stage Profile. Parents receive a copy of their child’s results.
- In Year 1 the government has introduced the Phonics Screening which takes place in June. Results are reported to parents at the end of the academic year. Any child who does not meet the threshold in Year 1 is screened again in Year 2.
- In Year 2 all pupils are assessed against national standards for Key Stage 1. Statutory assessments are used to support teacher assessments in Reading, Writing and Maths. The results are formally reported to parents at the end of Year 2.
Reporting Pupil Progress to Parents
In addition to the daily contact with your child’s class teacher, the school provides opportunities each term for parents to learn about their child’s progress and attainment both socially and academically.
- In the Autumn term, an informal parents evening is held where parents can chat with their child's class teacher regarding how their child is settling into a new class.
- In the Spring term a formal parents evening appointment is provided where parents and their child can discuss progress with their class teacher. At this meeting targets for improvement are agreed with the parents.
- In the Summer term an open evening offers children the opportunity to show their parents around school, sharing their work and environment. Annual reports are sent out towards the end of the summer term detailing your child’s progress during the year. The end of Foundation Stage Outcomes for Reception children, Phonics test results for Year 1 children and end of Key Stage 1 results for Year 2 children are included with the report.