- On entering the Nursery or Reception year children are assessed within the first few weeks to provide a baseline.
- All children during the Foundation Stage are assessed against the Early Learning Goals which are reported to the L.A. at the end of the Reception year using the Foundation Stage Profile. Parents receive a copy of their child’s results.
- In Year 1 the government has introduced a phonics test and results are reported to parents.
- In Year 2 all pupils have to be assessed against national standards for Key Stage 1. This is done by teacher assessment and will include some SATs (Standard Assessment Tasks or Tests). The results are formally reported to parents at the end of Year 2.
Reporting Pupil Progress to Parents
In addition to the daily contact with your child’s classteacher, the school provides opportunities each term for parents to learn about their child’s progress and attainment both socially and academically.
- In the Autumn term, an informal parents evening is held where parents can chat with their child's classteacher about how their child is settling into a new class.
- In the Spring term a formal parents evening appointment is provided where parents can discuss their child’s progress in private with their classteacher. Please note children can accompany their parents to this meeting. At this meeting targets for improvement are agreed with the parents.
- In the Summer term an open afternoon offers children the opportunity to show their parents around school, sharing their work and environment. Annual reports are sent out towards the end of the summer term outlining your child’s progress during the year, including the end of Foundation Stage Outcomes for Reception children, Phonics test results for Year 1 children and end of Key Stage 1 results for Year 2 children.